The 7 Best Travel Telescopes For Your Next Trip
Hey there! Are you planning a trip to a remote destination where you can stargaze and enjoy the beauty of the night sky? Or maybe you’re just an avid astronomer looking for the best travel telescope to take with you on the go.
Either way, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, I’ll be sharing the 7 best travel telescopes that will make your next trip a starry-eyed adventure.
These telescopes are compact, lightweight, and easy to transport, so you can enjoy stargazing no matter where you go. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced astronomer, I’ve got you covered with options for all levels of expertise and budget.
So, buckle up and get ready to explore the galaxy with the best travel telescopes!
1. Hexeum Portable Refracting Telescope
The Hexeum Portable Refracting Telescope is one of the best travel telescopes and is a great option for anyone. With its compact and lightweight design, it’s easy to transport and set up on the go. The 80mm aperture provides clear and bright views of celestial objects, making it perfect for stargazing and exploring the night sky.
Despite its small size, this telescope packs a punch with its 600mm focal length, providing detailed images of the moon, planets, and other celestial wonders. Overall, this telescope is a great choice for anyone who wants to take their love of astronomy on the road.
- Compact and lightweight design
- 80mm aperture provides clear views of celestial objects
- 600mm focal length offers detailed images
- Easy to set up and transport
- May not have the same level of power and clarity as larger telescopes
- Limited features for advanced users
- Lower quality eyepieces compared to more expensive options.
2. Celestron Portable Refractor Telescope
The Celestron Portable Refractor Telescope is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a travel telescope. Its compact size and lightweight design make it easy to take with you on the go, while its adjustable tripod and smartphone adapter make stargazing a breeze.
The clarity of the images produced by this telescope is impressive, especially considering its size. Additionally, its quick and easy setup makes it perfect for those who are new to using telescopes. Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and high-quality travel telescope, the Celestron Portable Refractor Telescope is definitely worth considering.
- Compact and lightweight design, making it easy to transport.
- Adjustable tripod and smartphone adapter for convenient stargazing.
- Impressive image clarity for its size.
- Quick and easy setup for those new to using telescopes.
- Limited aperture may not provide the best viewing experience for experienced astronomers.
- May be more difficult to set up and use than larger telescopes.
3. Orion GoScope III Refractor Travel Telescope
The Orion GoScope III Refractor Travel Telescope is a great option for those who are looking for a compact and lightweight travel telescope. This telescope is easy to set up and pack away, making it perfect for on-the-go stargazing. With its 80mm aperture, it provides clear and bright views of the night sky, even in light-polluted areas.
The included backpack makes it easy to carry and transport, and the tripod is sturdy enough to provide stable views. Overall, the Orion GoScope III Refractor Travel Telescope is a great option for anyone looking for a portable and affordable travel telescope that provides clear views of the night sky.
- Compact and lightweight design makes it easy to transport
- 80mm aperture provides clear and bright views of the night sky
- Included backpack and tripod make it convenient to carry and set up
- Affordable price point
- Smaller aperture compared to other travel telescopes
- May not provide the best views for more advanced stargazing and astronomical observation.
4. Pankoo High Power Monocular with Smartphone Adapter
The Pankoo Monocular Telescope is a great option for those looking for a travel-friendly telescope. Its compact design makes it easy to take on the go, and its lightweight construction makes it easy to carry around. The telescope can be attached to a smartphone for easy viewing, making it a convenient option for those who want to take photos or videos of their stargazing experiences.
The monocular also has a high magnification power, allowing you to get a close-up view of the stars and other celestial objects. Overall, the Pankoo Monocular Telescope is a solid choice for those looking for a travel-friendly option that’s easy to use and provides clear images.
- Compact and lightweight design makes it easy to travel with.
- Can be attached to a smartphone for easy viewing and photo/video capture.
- High magnification power provides clear images of celestial objects.
- The smartphone attachment may not fit all phone models securely.
- Some users may find the image quality to be lower than expected.
- The small size may make it difficult to hold steady for some users.
5. Gskyer Refracting Telescope
The Gskyer Telescope is a fantastic option for those looking for a compact and portable travel telescope. Its compact size and lightweight design make it easy to transport, and the adjustable tripod provides stability for clear viewing. The telescope has a high-quality optical system that delivers sharp and clear images, and the 90-degree erect image prism makes it ideal for terrestrial and astronomical viewing.
The Gskyer Telescope also comes with a smartphone adapter for convenient photography and a backpack for easy carrying. Overall, this is a great travel telescope for both beginners and experienced astronomers, and its combination of portability and performance make it a great value for its price.
- Compact and portable design
- Stable adjustable tripod
- High-quality optical system
- 90-degree erect image prism for both terrestrial and astronomical viewing
- Comes with smartphone adapter for convenient photography
- Comes with backpack for easy carrying
- Good value for its price
- Some users may find the focus to be a bit finicky
- May not have the same image quality as more expensive telescopes
- Smaller aperture may limit low-light performance compared to larger telescopes
6. Solomark Newtonian Reflector Telescope
The Newtonian Reflector Telescope is a fantastic option for travelers who want to take their love for astronomy on the road. It’s compact design and lightweight make it easy to pack and transport, while its large aperture provides clear and sharp views of the night sky.
The telescope is made of high-quality materials and features a solid construction that ensures stability during use. The included accessories, such as the eyepiece, diagonal mirror, and finder scope, provide a complete and convenient stargazing experience. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned astronomer, this travel telescope is a great choice for your next trip.
- Compact and lightweight design, making it easy to transport
- Large aperture provides clear and sharp views of the night sky
- Made of high-quality materials with a solid construction for stability during use
- Includes accessories like an eyepiece, diagonal mirror, and finder scope for a complete stargazing experience
- Suitable for both beginners and seasoned astronomers
- Some users may find it difficult to set up and adjust the telescope
- Limited to only reflector design, so those looking for a different type of telescope may need to look elsewhere
- May not have the highest level of performance for advanced astronomers, but still great for hobbyists.
7. Orion SpaceProbe Equatorial Reflector Telescope
The Orion SpaceProbe Equatorial Reflector Telescope is the most expensive on this list of the best travel telescopes, but it’s definitely worth it. This telescope is compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport and set up wherever your stargazing adventures take you.
Despite its size, the telescope still packs a punch with a 130mm aperture and a short 500mm focal length, giving you a wide field of view and the ability to see deep-sky objects in stunning detail.
The equatorial mount makes it easy to track objects as they move across the sky, and the sturdy tripod provides a stable base for observation. Overall, the Orion SpaceProbe Travel Telescope is a great option for travelers who want a high-quality telescope without sacrificing portability.
- Compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport
- 130mm aperture provides a wide field of view and the ability to see deep-sky objects in detail
- Equatorial mount makes it easy to track objects as they move across the sky
- The sturdy tripod provides a stable base for observation
- A shorter 500mm focal length may make it difficult to see small details on distant objects
- May be challenging for beginners to set up and use without assistance.
Conclusion to the 7 Best Travel Telescopes
And that’s a wrap! I hope this blog post has been helpful in guiding you to the best travel telescope for your next stargazing adventure. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced astronomer, there’s a travel telescope out there for everyone.
Don’t let the compact size fool you – these telescopes pack a punch and will allow you to see the night sky in stunning detail no matter where your travels take you. So, grab your backpack and hit the road with the best travel telescope by your side!
As always, if you have any questions or would like to share your own experiences, feel free to leave a comment below. Happy stargazing!
- What to Wear in Cancun by Month & Activity (And Not!) - March 13, 2023
- What to Wear in New York by Month & Activity (And Not!) - March 13, 2023
- What to Wear in Morocco by Month & Activity (And Not!) - March 13, 2023